From reproductive rights to climate change to Big Tech, The Independent is on the ground when the story is developing. Whether it's investigating the financials of Elon Musk's pro-Trump PAC or ...
DC News Now on MSN
DC National Guard plans to ‘expand our footprint’ one year after deployment beganOne year after National Guard troops were deployed to Washington, D.C. as part of President Donald Trump’s federal crackdown ...
Washington, D.C., residents and tourists alike have spotted members of the National Guard patrolling streets, the National ...
One year ago this week, National Guard troops began appearing on Washington’s streets as part of a federal law enforcement surge. Since then, the sight of armed soldiers has become commonplace in many ...
DC News Now on MSNOpinion
One year later: Assessing the impact of the federal surge in DCOne year ago, President Trump announced that he was federalizing the Metropolitan Police Department, and deploying 800 ...
Mixed reactions persist in Washington, DC, a year after Trump deployed the National Guard to address crime concerns.
It’s been 12 months since President Donald Trump announced a crime emergency in Washington, pledging to make the city “safe ...
Trump said in 2025 that the Guard would stay in the nation's capital until "law and order" returned. A year later, troops are still there.
The deployment is expected to cost $1.4 billion through the end of Trump's term.
More than 5,000 members of the National Guard were deployed to Washington as of July 8 following a 'summer surge' ahead of America 250 events.
The Trump administration has deployed or threatened to deploy National Guard troops and increase federal law enforcement ...
National Guard personnel deployed in the nation’s capital to stop crime will remain through the 2029 inauguration, Pentagon officials said. National Guard troops were first deployed in August 2025 “to ...
Some results have been hidden because they may be inaccessible to you
Show inaccessible results